Friday, December 11, 2009

Artist Statement

In this portfolio there are various projects that have been done over the first semester. The bottom photographs were taken using different compositional tricks. These tricks are very useful in making a picture better. As you get to the top, the projects were completed by mainly using Photoshop to manipulate the photographs.

I have learned many useful things over this course. For example, I learned how to use Photoshop and the many things you can do to a photograph by using this program. I also learned different tricks that can be used to take a good picture. I feel that I was most successful with my social issue because I believe I got my point across. The thing I struggled with the most would also be my social issue because at first I had no clue what I was going to do. I had a hard time brainstorming creative ideas and it wasn’t till the last minute when it hit me and I knew what I was going to do.

I think that my Photoshop skills could improve in the future. I just think that I need more practice with it and keep working with it. I’ve seen improvement in my camera work and taking pictures. As we do different projects, I feel that my creativity and my photos are improving.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

I really like your portfolio. I like your header, I think the combination of the textures in the header is cool. I also really like the way your social issue came out. You capture guts within the image. Keep up the fantastic work!