In this photograph, stands a teen, dressed in black, tied in chains. She is grabbing her head screaming. In the bottom of the photo it says “you will live for us” in black and red and live is in white and in capital letters.The issue I chose to do was drugs and alcohol. As teenagers, we go through many different things. From peer pressure to depression, we see it all. Numerous teenagers turn to drugs or alcohol as a cure for their depression. Others do it because they want to fit in rather than being an outsider. This then becomes a routine and once something becomes a habit it becomes an obsession that we can't control. Even if we want to quit we can't because that addiction ends up controlling us. And at a certain point we end up living for it because we think we can't go on without it.
I believe that this is a huge issue in today's society. Many drug addicts and alcoholics think it’s their live and they can do what they want with it but addictions not only affect a drug fanatic, furthermore the people who surround him. Imagine if one day you drank too much or had an overdose. How would your friends feel? Your parents? Would it even affect them? Indeed, it would.
1 comment:
I love your concept. Excellent photo, excellent statement. You can feel the anger/anguish in the demand to live, but live miserably. The one thing that needs just a little work is the placement of your words. I think there could have been a better position placement. Maybe "you will" in the same box smaller, then LIVE FOR US... I'm thinking to myself all the different ways you could have emphasized the statement, (YOU WILL live for US, you will LIVE for us, you WILL LIVE for us) Lots of options. But overall, excellent job!!
Post a Comment